On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 23:10, Jeremiah Jordan
<jeremiah.jor...@morningstar.com> wrote:
> If you have RF=1, taking one node down is going to cause 25% of your
> data to be unavailable.  If you want to tolerate a machines going down
> you need to have at least RF=2, if you want to use quorum and have a
> machine go down, you need at least RF=3.

I know I can have RF > 1 but I have limited resources and I don't care
lossing 25% of the data. RF > 1 basicaly means if a node goes down I
have the data elsewhere, but what I need is if node goes down just
ignore its range. I can handle it in my applications using thrift, but
the hadoop-mapreduce can't handle it. It just fails with "Exception in
thread "main" java.io.IOException: Could not get input splits". Is
there a way to say ignore this range to hadoop?

Regards,
P.