Do you have MX4J in the class path ?

It feels like an error from there: MalformedURLException is a checked exception
a it's only used in the cassandra code when reading a file; and "agent" sounds
like JMX Agent.

I had a quick search through mx4j source and while I could not find an exact
match, there is a lot of places where MalformedURLException is thrown.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton