Hi Paul,

Here's one idea: If you're going to write just once then read once after the
writes are finished, then you could disable minor compactions whilst
performing the writes. This will mean that all disk IO bandwidth will be
available for writes. After you have finished writing, re-enable minor
compactions and let compaction finish before doing your reads.

Regards,

Sam

--
Sam Overton