> Do you mean the cassandra log, or just logging in the script itself?

The script itself. I.e, some "independent" verification that the line
of code after the insert is in fact running, just in case there's some
kind of silent failure.

Sounds like you've tried to address it though with the E-Mail:s.

I suppose it boils down to: Either there is something wrong in your
environment/code, or Cassandra does have a bug. If the latter, it
would probably be helpful if you could try to reproduce it in your
environment in a way which can be shared - such as a script that does
writes and reads back to confirm the write made it. Or maybe just
adding more explicit logging to your script (even if it causes some
log flooding) to "prove" that a write truly happened.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode on twitter)