IMHO it's only a scalability problem if those nodes have trouble handling the
throughput. The load will go all all replicas, not one, unless you turn off
Read Repair.

If it is a problem then you could manually partition the index into multiple
rows, bit of a pain thought. I'd wait and see, or crunch some numbers before
hand.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer