On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 09:28 +0200, Patrik Modesto wrote:
> We use Cassandra as a storage for web-pages, we store the HTML, all
> URLs that has the same HTML data and some computed data. We run Hadoop
> MR jobs to compute lexical and thematical data for each page and for
> exporting the data to a binary files for later use. URL gets to a
> Cassandra on user request (a pageview) so if we delete an URL, it gets
> back quickly if the page is active. Because of that and because there
> is lots of data, we have the keyspace set to RF=1. We can drop the
> whole keyspace and it will regenerate quickly and would contain only
> fresh data, so we don't care about lossing a node.

I've entered a jira issue covering this request.

Would you mind attaching your patch to the issue.
(No review of it will happen anywhere else.)

~mck

--
“Innovators and creative geniuses cannot be reared in schools. They are
precisely the men who defy what the school has taught them.” - Ludwig

| http://semb.wever.org | http://sesat.no |
| http://tech.finn.no   | Java XSS Filter |