On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Yan Chunlu <springri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 3 nodes and RF=3.  I  tried to repair every node in the cluster by
> using "nodetool repair mykeyspace mycf" on every column family.  it finished
> within 3 hours, the data size is no more than 50GB.
> after the repair, I have tried using nodetool repair immediately to repair
> the entire node, but 48 hours has past it still going on. "compactionstats"
> shows it is doing "SSTable rebuild".
> so I am frustrating about why does "nodetool repair" so slow?   how does it
> different with repair every CF?

What version of Cassandra are you using. If you are using something < 0.8.2,
then it may be because "nodetool repair" used to schedule its sub-task poorly,
in ways that were counter-productive (fixed by CASSANDRA-2816).

If you are using a more recent version, then it's an interesting report.

> I didn't tried to repair the system keyspace, does it also need to repair?

It doesn't.

--
Sylvain