Hi,

We recently switched from Cassandra 0.7.2 to 0.8.5 and observing
considerable performance degradation in embedded server's response times
that we use in integration tests.

One thing that we do is that we truncate our app column families after each
integration test so that the next one gets a new DB slate (wierd? but with
RDBMS that we used earlier, we just rolled back the transaction to get rid
of changes done in an integration test. CF truncation is a costly workaround
for that, which we will be very happy to avoid if anyone knows some trick).

So, with the situation we are in, is anyone aware of any cassandra 0.8.5
cofiguration that can be tweaked to at least get the performance we were
getting with 0.7.2? Exactly after the upgrade, our test execution times have
gone up at least by 60-70%.

Some pointers please?

Thanks.

--