I'm using 1.0.0

there seems to be too many node Up/Dead events detected by the failure
detector.
I'm using  a 2 node cluster on EC2, in the same region, same security
group, so I assume the message drop
rate should be fairly low.
but in about every 5 minutes, I'm seeing some node detected as down,
and then Up again quickly, like the following

 INFO 20:30:12,726 InetAddress /10.71.111.222 is now dead.
 INFO 20:30:32,154 InetAddress /10.71.111.222 is now UP

does the "1 in every 5 minutes" sound roughly right for your setup? I
just want to make sure the unresponsiveness is not
caused by something like memtable flushing, or GC, which I can
probably further tune.

Thanks
Yang