ok, thx for the input!

On 09/11/2011 15:19, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
We lockdown ssh to root from any network. We also provide individual
logins including sysadmin and they go through LDAP authentication.
Anyone who does sudo su as root gets logged and alerted via trapsend.
We use firewalls and also have a separate vlan for datastore servers.
We then open only specific ports from our application servers to
datastore servers.

You should also look at Cassandra authentication as additional means
of securing your data.