2011/12/9 Radim Kolar <h...@sendmail.cz>:
> I have problem with reproducible memory leaks in 1.0.5 - node ends with OOM,
> it worked fine with 1.0.3. Can someone write guide how to report memory
> leaks - i can collect jmap dumps. It would be best to write wiki page about
> it.

Possible, but unlikely.  See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3537 for an example of
a  "memory leak" that wasn't.

> I am not happy with 1.x branch stability. It has memory leaks and rows
> forever stuck in HintsColumnFamily

You need to remove the hints data files to clear out the incomplete
hints from < 1.0.3; the bug that caused this was fixed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3446 but if you had
already generated some they don't get magically removed.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra