From: aaron morton [mailto:aa...@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: woensdag 1 februari 2012 21:03
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Node down

Without knowing too much more information I would try this...

* Restart node each node in turn, watch the logs to see what it says about the
other.
* If that restart did not fix it, try using the
Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false JVM option when starting the node. That will
tell it to ignore it's stored ring view and use what gossip is telling it. Add
it as a new line at the bottom of cassandra-env.sh.

If it's still failing watch the logs and see what it says when it marks the
other as been down.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer