On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Philippe <watche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps your dataset can no longer be held in memory. Check iostats

I have been flushing the keycache and dropping the linux disk caches before
each to avoid testing memory reads.

One possibility that I thought of is that the success keys are now 'far
enough away' that they are not being included in the previous read and
hence the seek penalty has to be paid a lot more often  - viable ?

cheers