Either you do that or you could think about using a secondary index on the
fb user name in your primary cf.

See http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/ddl/indexes

Cheers

Am 11.03.2012 um 09:51 schrieb Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>:

Hi!
I need some advise:
I have user CF, which has a UUID key which is my internal user id.
One of the column is facebook_id of the user (if exist).

I need to have the reverse mapping from facebook_id to my UUID.
My intention is to add a CF for the mapping from Facebook Id to my id:

user_by_fbid = {
  // key is fb Id, column name is our User Id, value is empty
  100003101876963: {
    f94f6b20-161a-4f7e-995f-0466c62a1b6b : ""
  }
}

Does this makes sense.
This CF will be used whenever a user log in through Facebook to retrieve
the internal id.
Thanks

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media