Yes, continued deletions of the same columns/rows will prevent removing them
from final sstable upon compaction due to new timestamp.
You're getting sliding tombstone gc grace period in that case.

During compaction of selected sstables Cassandra checks the whole Column Family
for the latest timestamp of the column/row, including other sstables and
memtable.

You need to review your application logic.

Best regards/ Pagarbiai

Viktor Jevdokimov

Senior Developer

Email:  viktor.jevdoki...@adform.com

Phone: +370 5 212 3063. Fax: +370 5 261 0453

J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania

[Adform news]<http://www.adform.com/>

[Visit us!]

Follow:

[twitter]<http://twitter.com/#!/adforminsider>

Visit our blog<http://www.adform.com/site/blog>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that the
information remains the property of the sender. You must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete
this message and any copies.