Hi,

We are using Cassandra JDBC driver (found in [1]) to call to Cassandra
sever using CQL and JDBC calls.  One of the main disadvantage is, this
driver is not available in maven repository where people can publicly
access. Currently we have to checkout the source and build ourselves. Is
there any possibility to host this driver in a maven repository ?

And one of the other limitation in driver is, it does not support for the
insert query. If we need to do a insert , then it can be done using the
"update" statement. So basically it will be same query used for both UPDATE
and INSERT. As an example, if you execute following query:
"update USER set 'username'=?, 'password'=? where key = ?"
and if the provided 'KEY' already exist in the Column family then it will
do a update to existing  columns. If the provided KEY does not already
exist, then it will do a insert..
Is that the INSERT query option is now available in latest driver?

Are there any other improvements/supports added to this driver recently ?

Is this driver compatible with Cassandra-1.1.0 and is that the changes done
for driver will be backward compatible with older Cassandra versions
(1.0.0) ?

[1].
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/cassandra-jdbc/<http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/cassandra-jdbc/>

Regards,