I'm kind of guessing here because it's not something I've done before.
Obviously test things first…

The NTS with a single DC and a single Rack will place data in the same location
as the Simple Strategy. You *should* be able to change the replication strategy
from, say, SS with RF 3 to NTS with RF 3 in a single DC with a single Rack.

I think you can also migrate to using multiple racks under NTS, but I would
need to double check the code.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer