Don't use dates or datestamps as the buckets for your row keys, use a unix
timestamp modulo whatever size you want your bucket to be instead.
Timestamps don't involve time zones or any of that nonsense.

So, instead of having keys like "user1uuid_30042012", the second half would
be replaced the current unix timestamp mod 86400 (the number of seconds in
a day).

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>