> liveratio calc should do nothing if memtable has 0 columns.
Sounds reasonable, as counting with zero columns may dramatically change the
live ratio and it may take some time to be counted again.
Please create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

> liveratio calculation logic also needs to be changed because it is based on
> assumption that workloads do not change.
Can you give an example of the sort of workload change you are thinking of ?

> raise maximum liveratio from 64 to at least 80.
Have you seen examples in your logs where the calculated live ratio was between
64 and 80 ?
Are you experiencing memory pressure you think may be attributed to memtables
not being flushed frequently enough ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer