Thanks for your response, Cyril. Yeah, I realized shortly after asking that
indeed the second term is not being indexed, so it must be doing a table
scan. Indexing for composite columns is in the works (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3680), but not sure how
soon that will be available.

The thing is, it did actually let me search on the second term only, which
is perhaps a little surprising.

-Roland