We are using Cassandra 1.1.0 with an older Pelops version, but I don't think that in itself is a problem here.

I am getting this exception:

TimedOutException()
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$get_slice_result.read(Cassandra.java:7660) at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_slice(Cassandra.java:570) at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.get_slice(Cassandra.java:542)
       at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Selector$3.execute(Selector.java:683)
       at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Selector$3.execute(Selector.java:680)
       at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Operand.tryOperation(Operand.java:82)

Is my understanding correct that this is where cassandra is telling us it can't accomplish something within that timeout value -- as opposed to network timeout ? Where is it set ?

Thanks,
Oleg