Hi,
the Javadoc (or source code) of the me.prettyprint.hector.api.factory.HFactory
class contains all the examples to create keyspaces and column families.

To create a keyspace:

String testKeyspace = "testKeyspace";
KeyspaceDefinition newKeyspace =
HFactory.createKeyspaceDefinition(testKeyspace);
cluster.addKeyspace(newKeyspace);

To create a column family and a keyspace:

String keyspace = "testKeyspace";
String column1 = "testcolumn";
ColumnFamilyDefinition columnFamily1 =
HFactory.createColumnFamilyDefinition(keyspace, column1);
List<ColumnFamilyDefinition> columns = new ArrayList<ColumnFamilyDefinition>();
columns.add(columnFamily1);

KeyspaceDefinition testKeyspace =
HFactory.createKeyspaceDefinition(keyspace,
org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy.class.getName(), 1, columns);
cluster.addKeyspace(testKeyspace);

--
Filippo Diotalevi