It's hard to tell exactly what happened--are there other messages in your
client log before the "All host pools marked down"? Also, how many nodes
are there in your cluster? I suspect that the Thrift protocol error was
(incorrectly) retried by Hector, leading to the "All host pools marked
down", but without more info that's just a guess.

Jim