Joost,
        Part of Jonathans explanation for flushing every approx 5 minutes was
to reduce the size of the commit log, and reduce the replay time.

        Even with the patch flushing memtables is necessary at some point to
truncate the log. If this is an issue consider disabling durable_writes on the
KS to bypass the commit log. Obviously there are some dangers involved, but it
sounds like it may be acceptable to you.

        Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton