Thanks..but write ALL will fail for any downed nodes. I am thinking of
QUORAM.

From: Jason Tang [mailto:ares.t...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:24 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replication factor - Consistency Questions

Hi

I am starting using Cassandra for not a long time, and also have problems in
consistency.

Here is some thinking.

If you have Write:Any / Read:One, it will have consistency problem, and if
you want to repair, check your schema, and check the parameter "Read repair
chance: "

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

And if you want to get consistency result, my suggestion is to have
Write:ALL / Read:One, since for Cassandra, write is more faster then read.

For performance impact, you need to test your traffic, and if your memory
can not cache all your data, or your network is not fast enough, then yes,
it will impact to write one more node.

BRs