Kafka is relatively stable and has a active well-supported news-group as
well.

As discussed by Brian, you would be inverting the paradigm of
store-process. Essentially in your original approach, you are storing the
messages first and then processing them after the fact. In the Kafka model,
you would process the messages as they come in.

Since you are thinking about parallelism anyways, I trust that your
processing paradigm is inherently paralleizable.

Regards
Milind