From: Oliver Plohmann <oli...@objectscape.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:24:43
To: <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Loading data on-demand in Cassandra

Hello,

I'm looking a bit into Cassandra to see whether it would be something to
go with for my company. I searched through the Internet, looked through
the FAQs, etc. but there are still some few open questions. Hope I don't
bother anybody with the usual beginner questions ...

Is there a way to do load-on-demand of data in Cassandra? For the time
being, we cannot afford to built up a cluster that holds our 700 GB
SQL-Database in RAM. So we need to be able to load data on-demand from
our relational database. Can this be done in Cassandra? Then there also
needs to be a way to unload data in order to reclaim RAM space. Would be
nice if it were possible to register for an asynchronous notification in
case some value was changed. Can this be done?

Thanks for any answers.
Regards, Oliver