So I've read: http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

Are there any tips for using sstableloader /
SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter to migrate time series data from a our old
datastore (PostgreSQL) to Cassandra?  After thinking about how
sstables are done on disk, it seems best (required??) to write out
each row at once.  Ie: if each row == 1 years worth of data and you
have say 30,000 rows, write one full row at a time (a full years worth
of data points for a given metric) rather then 1 data point for 30,000
rows.

Any other tips to improve load time or reduce the load on the cluster
or subsequent compaction activity?   All my CF's I'll be writing to
use compression and leveled compaction.

Right now my Cassandra data store has about 4 months of data and we
have 5 years of historical (not sure yet how much we'll actually load
yet, but minimally 1 years worth).

Thanks!

--
Aaron Turner