> Range queries do not use bloom filters.
Are you talking about row range queries ? Or a slice of columns in a row ?

If you are getting a slice of columns from a single row, a bloom filter is used
to locate the row.
If you are getting a slice of columns from a range of rows, the bloom filter is
used to locate the first row. After that is a scan.

There are also row level bloom filters for columns on a row. These are used
when you columns by names. If you are doing a slice with a start the bloom
filter is not used, instead the row level column index is used (if present).

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton