From: rohit reddy [mailto:rohit.kommare...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:50 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra node going down

Hi Robin,

I had checked that. Our disk size is about 800GB, and the total data size is
not more than 40GB. Even if all the data is stored in one node, this won't
happen.

I'll try to see if the disk failed.

Is this anything to do with VM memory?.. cause this logs suggests that..
Heap is 0.7515559786053904 full.  You may need to reduce memtable and/or cache
sizes.  Cassandra will now flush up to the two largest memtables to free up
memory.  Adjust flush_largest_memtables_at threshold in cassandra.yaml if you
don't want Cassandra to do this automatically

But, i'm only testing writes, there are no reads on the cluster. Will the
writes require so much memory. A large instance has 7.5GB, so by default
cassandra allocates about 3.75 GB for the VM.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Robin Verlangen