@Sylvain

In a relatively untroubled cluster, even timed out writes go through,
provided no messages are dropped. Which you can monitor on cassandra
nodes. We have 100% consistency on our production servers as we don't
see messages being dropped on our servers.
Though as you mention, there would be no way to "repair" your dropped messages .