rcoli helped me investigate this issue. The mystery was that the segment of
commit log was probably not fsynced to disk since the setting was set to
periodic with 10 second delay and CRC32 checksum validation failed skipping
the reply, so what happened in my scenario can be explained by this. I am
going to change our settings to batch mode.

Thank you rcoli for you help.