Keyspace: testcomp:
  Replication Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy
  Durable Writes: true
  Column Families:
    ColumnFamily: altercations
      Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
      Default column value validator:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
      Columns sorted by:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DateType,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.Int32Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)
      GC grace seconds: 864000
      Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
      Read repair chance: 0.1
      DC Local Read repair chance: 0.0
      Replicate on write: true
      Caching: KEYS_ONLY
      Bloom Filter FP chance: default
      Built indexes: []
      Compaction Strategy:
org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy
      Compression Options:
        sstable_compression:
org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor

org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DateType,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.Int32Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)

Although alliance_involvement is of "boolean" data type! which is causing
this issue.

Looks like an issue with CompositeType creation, somehow boolean is also
treated as UTF8Type.

-Vivek