Thanks . This is what i have tried with cqlsh client.

Is there any comparison matrix available with b/w PlayOrm and cqlsh command
line client? Interesting to look into if it is faster than cql client.

I guess problem is with secondary indexing not the volume, because i don't
want to go for wide row indexing/compount primary key approach.

-Vivek