I'm not aware of how to track the memory usage for the off heap row cache in
1.0. The memory may show up in something like JConsole. What about seeing how
much os memory is allocated to buffers and working backwards from there?

Anyone else ?

(One thing to be away of is each CF has it's own row cache, so tuning must be
done per CF. )

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer