"Can you try it thought, or run a repair ?"

Repairing didn't help

"My first thought is to use QUOURM"

This fix the problem. However, my data is probably still inconsistent, even
if I read now always the same value. The point is that I can't handle a
crash with CL.QUORUM, I can't even restart a node...

I will add a third server.

  "But isn't Cassandra suppose to handle a server crash ? When a server
crashes I guess it don't drain before..."

"I was asking to understand how you did the upgrade."

Ok. On my side I am just concern about the possibility of using counters
with CL.ONE and correctly handle a crash or restart without a drain.

Alain