On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is this query the equivalent of a full table scan?  Without a starting
> point get_range_slice is just starting at token 0?

It is, but that's what you asked for after all. If you want to start at a
given token you can do:
  SELECT * FROM videos WHERE videoname = 'My funny cat' AND token(video) >
'whatevertokenyouwant'
You can even do:
  SELECT * FROM videos WHERE videoname = 'My funny cat' AND token(video) >
token(99051fe9-6a9c-46c2-b949-38ef78858dd0)
if that's simpler for you than computing the token manually. Though that is
mostly for random partitioners. For ordered ones, you can do without the
token() part.

--
Sylvain