Also to answer your question, LCS is well suited to workloads where
overwrites and tombstones come into play. The tombstones are _much_ more
likely to be merged with LCS than STCS.

I would be careful with the patch that was referred to above, it hasn't
been reviewed, and from a glance it appears that it will cause an infinite
compaction loop if you get more than 4 SSTables at max size.

--
Ben Coverston
DataStax -- The Apache Cassandra Company