You're going to have a problem doing this in a single query because you're
asking cassandra to select a non-contiguous set of rows. Also, to my
knowledge, you can only use non equal operators on clustering keys. The
best solution I could come up with would be to define you table like so:

CREATE TABLE room_data (
room_id uuid,
in_room int,
temp float,
time timestamp,
PRIMARY KEY (room_id, in_room, temp));

Then run 2 queries:
SELECT * FROM room_data WHERE in_room > 7;
SELECT * FROM room_data WHERE temp > 50.0;

And do an intersection on the results.

I should add the disclaimer that I am relatively new to CQL, so there may
be a better way to do this.

Blake