For background

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations?highlight=%28snapshot%29#Consistent_backups

If you it for a single node then yes there is a chance of inconsistency across
CF's.

If you have mulitple nodes the snashots you take on the later nodes will help.
If you use CL QUOURM for reads you *may* be ok (cannot work it out quickly.).
If you use CL ALL for reads you will be ok. Or you can use nodetool repair to
ensure the data is consistent.

I doubt that even using repair would give you a provable guarantee though.
Anyone ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer