Reads during a write still occur during a counter increment with CL ONE,
but that latency is not counted in the request latency for the write. Your
local node write latency of 45 microseconds is pretty quick. what is your
timeout and the write request latency you see. In our deployment we had
some issues and we could trace the timeouts to parnew gc collections which
were quite frequent. You might just want to take a look there too.