From: mrevilgnome <mrevilgn...@gmail.com<mailto:mrevilgn...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:51 AM
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Wide rows in CQL 3

We use the thrift bindings for our current production cluster, so I haven't
been tracking the developments regarding CQL3. I just discovered when speaking
to another potential DSE customer that wide rows, or rather columns not defined
in the metadata aren't supported in CQL 3.

I'm curious to understand the reasoning behind this, whether this is an
intentional direction shift away from the big table paradigm, and what's
supposed to happen to those of us who have already bought into C* specifically
because of the wide row support. What is our upgrade path?