Cool feature, didn't know it existed. It turned however out that everything
works fine! There was a configuration error that duplicated a AWS sns->sqs
subscription, so we go twice the amount of data delivered to our
application. Semi-lame post to this mailing list i guess :( I should have
checked that earlier but major thanks for looking into this and replying.

Cheers,
Reik