I have a 5 node cluster and currently running ver 1.2. Prior to full scale
deployment, I'm running some benchmarks  using YCSB. From a hadoop cluster
deployment we saw an excellent improvement using higher speed networks. However
Cassandra does not include network latencies and I would like to understand how
we can capture network latencies between a 1GbE and 10GbE for ex. As of now all
the graphs look the same. We will soon be adding SSD's and was wondering how
Cassandra can utilize the 10GbE and the SSD's and if there are specific tuning
that is required.