> Seems like when we have updates that are large (10k rows in one mutate) the
> problem is more likely to occur.
10K rows in one mutate is a very bad idea.
It will take the nodes a long time to process them, risking time out,  and it
will essentially starving other requests.

You should also specify a CL level so we understand if this you are using
cassandra in an eventually consistent or strongly consistent way.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/03/2013, at 11:02 AM, Brett Tinling <btinl...@lacunasystems.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> No recipe yet.  It pops up randomly and, i think due to the nature of our
> app, goes away.
>
> Seems like when we have updates that are large (10k rows in one mutate) the
> problem is more likely to occur.
>
> I'll try to workout a repro...
>
> -Brett
>
> On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:18 AM, aaron morton wrote:
>
>> Brett,
>>      Do you have some steps to reproduce the problem ? If so please create a
>> ticket on jira.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -----------------
>> Aaron Morton
>> Freelance Cassandra Consultant
>> New Zealand
>>
>> @aaronmorton
>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>
>> On 16/03/2013, at 11:40 AM, Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>>

>>> This could be either of the following bugs (which might be the same thing).
>>>  I get it too every time I recycle a node on 1.1.10.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4973
>>> or