On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Joel Samuelsson
<samuelsson.j...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry. I failed to mention that all my CFs had a gc_grace_seconds of 0
> since it's a 1 node cluster. I managed to accomplish what I wanted by first
>  running cleanup and then compact. Is there any logic to this or should my
> tombstones be cleared by just running compact?

There's nothing for cleanup to do on a single node cluster (unless you've
changed your replication settings in a strange way, like setting no
replicas for a keyspace).  Just doing a major compaction will take care of
tombstones that are gc_grace_seconds old.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>