VM Settings are
-javaagent:./../lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar -XX:+UseThreadPriorities
-XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -Xms8G -Xmx8G -Xmn800M
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly

error stack was containing 2 threads for the same key, stalling on digest
query

The below bytes which I referred is the actual value of "_body" variable in
org.apache.cassandra.net.Message object got from the heap dump.

As I understand from the code, ReadVerbHandler will deserialize this
"_body" variable into a SliceByNamesReadCommand object.

When I manually inspected this byte array, it seems hold all details
correctly, except the super-column name, causing it to fetch the entire
wide row.

--
Ravi