Hello,

I'm running a 12 node cluser with cassandra 1.1.5 and oracle jdk 1.6.0_35.
Our application constantly writes large updates with cql. Once in a while,
an rpc_time will occur.

Since a lot of the information is counters, its impossible for me to
understand if the updates complete partially on rpc_timeout, or cassandra
somehow rolls back the change completely, and hence I can't tell if I
should re-execute the query on rpc_timeout (with double processing being a
bigger concern than missing updates).

I am thinking, but unsure of this, that if I'll switch to LOCAL_QUORUM,
rpc_timeout will always mean that the update was not processes as a whole.
In all other cases, the rpc_timeout might be thrown from a remote node (not
the one I'm connected to), and hence some parts of the update will be
performed and others parts will not.

Anyone solved this issue before?

Kind Regards,
Kosha