Sounds like something C* would be good at.

I would do some searching on Time Series data in cassandra, such as
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/advanced-time-series-with-cassandra And
definitely consider storing data at the smallest level on granularity.

On the analytics side there is good news and no so good news. First the good
news is reads do not block writes as in a traditional RDBMS (without MVCC)
running with Transaction Isolation of Repeatable Read or higher.

The not the so good news it's not as easy to support the wide range of
analytical queries that you are used to with SQL using the standard Thrift/CQL
API. If you need very flexible analysis I recommend looking into Hive / Pig
with Hadoop, DataStax Enterprise is a commercial product but free for
development and a great way to learn without having to worry about the setup
http://www.datastax.com/

You may also be interested in http://www.pentaho.com/ or
http://www.karmasphere.com/

Hope that helps.