> Does anyone know enough of the inner working of Cassandra to tell me how much
> work is needed to patch Cassandra to enable such communication
> vectorization/batch ?

Assuming you mean "have the coordinator send multiple row read/write requests
in a single message to replicas"

Pretty sure this has been raised as a ticket before but I cannot find one now.

It would be a significant change and I'm not sure how big the benefit is. To
send the messages the coordinator places them in a queue, there is little delay
sending. Then it waits on them async. So there may be some saving on networking
but from the coordinators point of view I think the impact is minimal.

What is your use case?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant